Sunday, December 1, 2013

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

I remember about a week after my parents dropped me off at college, I got in my car and started driving. I called my dad and started bawling because I was so homesick. I told him I couldn't live in Utah, couldn't do this college thing, and just wanted to come home. Surprisingly, he told me that fine, I could come home at the end of summer if I really wanted to. I thought for sure my dad would tell me to suck it up and stick it out, but he was letting me be the adult and make my own decisions. My dad always knows what to say! And I did stick it out. And now, I can't imagine living anywhere else. Utah is my home. When I go places for vacation, like St. Louis, it just doesn't feel like home anymore. I start missing my familiar paths, people, and places I know in Utah.  And now, once again, I will be moving to a new place. I thought about it today, and without a doubt, a week into our move, I'm sure I will bawl. But this time, my husband will be the one comforting me. So much has changed over the past four years. I have changed drastically. I have gone from my wide eyed just outta high school self, to a woman married for 2 years. I am so so nervous for our new life, and all that it will bring. Where will we live? Will I find a teaching job? Do I even want to teach? When will I see my family? When will we start our family? Will we figure out this living apart for four months fiasco? How will I finish student teaching?

In my rational mind, I know that I will grow to love, adore, this new adventure.

I'm just waiting for my rational mind to take over my fear.

“It’s OKAY to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave.” 
-Mandy Hale

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the quote you added. LOVE it. Haven't heard it. So awesome. Also, I have to admit… I'm guilty of similar mind ramblings. The wheels just keep turning and turning and turning and turning… hahahaha… You're awesome. And quite rational. And just awesome. So, I know you will be sooooo fabulous. And you will do an awesome job whatever you decide to do with life. Amen.

    ReplyDelete