Thursday, February 28, 2013

Tried & True Pinterest Tricks

So, my mom & I (and several other people) have concluded that we have yet to find a good recipe on pinterest. I pin so many, but more for the "idea" than the recipe, because yuck! I don't know who these bloggers are, but they definitely need to stay away from the kitchen.  However, I have found several "tips and tricks" that I have LOVED!

1. Baking Soda Exfoliant
I'll admit, I was skeptical about this one. Mix baking soda with a little water to form a paste. Use on (clean!) face as an exfoliant. Put on and rub in small circles for 1-2 minutes.
Results: MAGIC! Seriously. My blackheads are GONE. I have used a ton of face scrubs, and this is by the BEST I have ever used! My skin is clear and glowing. We'll see if it keeps oil down tomorrow, too.

2. Dawn & Vinegar Magic Shower cleaner
this is a legit before and after picture, people! This stuff is amazing. I hate cleaning the tub, but this WORKS. and you don't have to do anything. Mix a spray bottle with white vinegar and blue dawn dish soap (HAS to be BLUE! I don't know why, but everyone has said other colors don't work). Spray it in tub, shower, toilet, sink, etc. let sit for 5-10 minutes. Beware, it has an extremely strong scent so crack a window or leave the room. Spray down, and hooray! Your tub is now sparkling clean.

3. Cleaning with lemons
Lemons are alllll natural, which I like. chemicals are icky, which I don't like. Cleaning your sink with lemons (and your silver metal aka the faucet) will make them shine AND smell good! And you don't have to absorb ickiness through your skin as your clean.


1 comment: