Thursday, August 15, 2013

Vegas and St. Louis

So, about two days before the 4th of July, we realized we had NO plans. We tried to think of something, but we had already done a "staycation" for memorial day weekend, and really wanted to do something. Bret and Sharla were SO KIND (still need to write them a thank you note), and let us stay at their resort in las vegas. We had SO much fun! We woke up on the 4th and went to the Provo 4th parade, which is a huge deal. People put out tents 24 hours before all up university ave. We walked over ( I love living close to campus!), and stood by the Amanda Knight building (on 8 north by brick oven). We got to see Josh driving the BYU float. It was so fun to be able to go to the parade. The past two years, Jon has had to be on campus at like 5 in the morning to drive the float, so it was fun to go together finally! Then we left for Vegas.
While there we:
-Enjoyed the rooftop pool
-Tried some custard we both liked at a place called Luv it custard
-Ate Jack in the Box (of course...)
-Tried to go to the store of Pawn Stars, but the line was out the door and you could only go in for a few minutes. Not worth the line.
-Walked around a lot of hotels, including the Bellagio, Venetian.
-Ate the MOST delicious meal ever at Max Brenner's. Highly reccomend. It's ALL chocolate, like really good chocolate, but they also have food. We shared a salad (amazing!), and shared waffle fries dusted in cocoa powder and chili powder....The best I've ever had. MMMMM.
-Stayed in and watched all 3 Ocean's 11 movies to celebrate being in vegas.
-Went to the Coke store and tried 17 different coke products from `17 different countries
-Saw World War Z --if you haven't seen this, I HIGHLY recommend it. SO GOOD!! probably one of my new favorite movies.

Then, we came home and had 5 days before we were off to St. Louis. ahhh,  St. Louis. It was way too short! :( But so fun. We did a lot of fun things with Riley, my mom and dad, and got to see cory and shauntae and sweet Tessa too.
We went to six flags with Riley, did lots of shopping with my mom, went on an AWESOME float trip down the Meramec (so gorgeous!), saw giant Buffalo 10 feet away at Lone Elk State Park, got to hang out with my best friend Maddi (miss her. she just started her first year of law school). Played lots of xbox, cranium, finally got Jon to see Meet me in St. Louis (BEST movie if you haven't seen it. Old musical. )

But wait, there's more!
The day before we left for Utah, my mom, brother riley, aunt janie, cousins callie,cole, and clementine all started driving out to Utah to go to EFY. IT . WAS. AWESOME. I got to spend the whole week with my aunt, cousin, and mom. So fun! We hiked the Y, went to the bookstore, rode the ski lift at Sundance and hiked to Stewart Falls. We got fun pedicures, and ate at Cafe Rio (twice!). We also went to the Mona Rope swing their last day with my brother Kyle who had just gotten into town. SO FUN. I definitely want to go back! Then, I got to see Kyle a couple of different times and go to dinner with him and Hayley. So fun! I wish we could see them more.

This summer has been non stop fun! I do NOT want to go back to school :( Well, kind of, but I am really enjoying being able to see everyone.
I feel like we have been on vacation for two straight months.
I am ready to get back to a routine, and a schedule. I am ready to do my practicum. So completely nervous, but excited.
I am taking 21 credits this semester. 18 on campus, 1 independent study. Not so ready for that. I think I might die.

Also, 3 of my favorite people in the WHOLE WORLD are here for the month of August, Dustin, Ari, and Eli! I LOVE THEM! I get to see them at least 2-3 times a week. Today we are headed to thanksgiving point to play with some baby animals, and tomorrow we are doing a sleepover at their house! They are the best. They are the best examples ever and I look up to them so much! Ari is the best mom to Eli, so patient,  so smart, and has taught me so much! I want to be just like her! (is that lame?? For real though).

My next post will include all of the fun things we have done with them! :)

-K

1 comment:

  1. KATIEEEEE! Hi!! Also, you rock! Soooooo happy to be in UTAH and playing!! I love reading your blog (not because you brag about how awesome we are, however, that is an unnecessary perk)! ;)

    Exciting times ahead! 21 credits!? Oh, palllease dont die. I cant allow it.

    YOU CAN DO IT! It's gonna be such an awesome year. SERIOUSLY.

    Loves!

    ReplyDelete