Saturday, April 13, 2013

Summer Lovin'

Next year will be interesting. We have absolutely no idea where we'll be. We could be in Utah, Oregon, Missouri, or any other state. I could be teaching, or crying from not getting (or allowed to do if we move out of state) an internship. We just have no idea. So, we decided since this is our last year as BYU students (and possibly utahns), we would make a bucket list.  We decided to start it now and do things this summer. Highlighted things are what we've already done (well, we've pretty much eaten at all these places, we just want to eat them one more time!). SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!

Food:

  1. Gurus
  2. Sammy’s pie shakes.
  3. Communal
  4. Costa Vida
  5. The Pie
  6. Red Iguana
  7. Joseph Smith Building
  8. Bombay House
  9. Spicy Corea
  10. Art Museum
  11. Provo Bakery
  12. French Toast at Kneader’s
  13. J Dawgs
  14. Sweet Tooth Fairy
  15. Slab
  16. Awful Waffle/Bruge

Places:

  1. Zoo
  2. Thanksgiving point
  3. Park City
  4. New Outlet mall
  5. Zion’s national park
  6. Hike the Y
  7. 7 Peaks
  8. Hike Mount Timp.
  9. Farmer’s Market
  10. Stay at Inn on the Hill
  11. Bridal Veil Falls
  12. Bean Museum
  13. Weekend trip to Disneyland
  14. Weekend trip to Vegas

Things:

  1. Get all sports pass and go to almost every game
  2. Go to at least 2 art events on campus
  3. Go to at least 1 divine comedy & humor U event
  4. See MOTAB perform live
  5. Visit Temple Square
  6. Float down Provo River
  7. Ride a tandem Bike together
  8. go camping
  9. Do a session at the Salt Lake Temple
      1. 10. Go to a BYU Planetarium show

    1. 11. Go to at least 2 devotionals
    Jon started his job with the Church and he likes it. Although it is realllly far away. We are in the process of moving but haven't really done much yet :/ moving stinks. but it will be nice to live so close to campus. We went and played with puppies at petsmart today. I fell in love with a Lab/blue heeler mix that was SOOOO sweet. She cuddled up with me and I did not want to leave! I could hold puppies all day. Jon always asks me why I don't go to veterinary school. I WOULD LOVE TO. ( I mean besides the fact that it's medical school and like another 4-6 years of school...yeah...no.) except, I would just tell everyone their pets died and then keep them for myself. Wait that's creepy. But sometimes I'd just want to keep them, you know!?
    Ugh. Non pet people. gross.

    Also. I complain about having to get my ESL endorsement, but I honestly just realized what a blessing it is. If you're already graduated, an ESL endorsement is basically a master's degree--you have to get accepted into a program, and it's 24-30 credits of masters level learning...which is like thousands of dollars to get, too!
    I want my special ed. and reading endorsement, but I can't justify shelling out $12,000 (which I don't have) plus two extra years of school (for each), without getting a degree, just an "endorsement". But, it makes you a lot more marketable to have endorsements, so I'm grateful for my ESL one. se habla espanol? I don't, but i can teach you how to speak english!

No comments:

Post a Comment